Chapter number 1
The veil
Sweet I just finished the first chapter of Persepolis. This chapter is defiantly an interesting way to start a book. It is entitled the veil because Marjane explains how Iran was in a revolution and how things have changed so much in her life. This chapter shows how young and innocent young Satrapi is. She goes into detail on how she was segregated in school and once this happened the women were forced to wear veils to cover their hair. As a child Marjane, instead of being mature, would do things like play with the scarves instead of taking them seriously like the government wanted. She tells us that she wanted to become a profit. And how she was chosen by god to save the world (Satrapi 3-9). I liked this chapter because it really reminded me of a time in my life, as a young child when things were very innocent and everything was so easy going and I had no real grasp of what things were going on around me.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment