Iran Iraq war
Today there was a presentation done in our class done by Ted and his partner. They talked about the war between Iran and Iraq, and during there presentation I learnt many new things. But during this presentation I was finally able to understand what was going on the entire time on the book. I didn’t really understand what the whole Iran Iraq war was all about but according to Ted, the was had been going on for nearly 1600 years. It started when Persia and the Arabs, and is now the war between Iran and Iraq. Before the war Iran had its Islamic revolution and after this happened Saddam Hussein decided to invade Iran. The war went on for many years and this was all going on while Marjane was in Iran, which she brings up in Persepolis. According to Ted the war ended as kind of a stalemate and in 1988, the year I was born, there was a cease-fire agreement made. For two years there was still much tension between the two countries but on 1990 a peace agreement was finally made. After the war had ended there was approximately one million deaths between the two countries (Ted). This was defiantly one of the best presentations because I was really able to connect it to the book.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment