Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a super emptional chapter

The sheep

I think I have finally finished my favorite chapter in the book. After reading this chapter I was extremely sad. In the chapter “the Sheep” Marjane tells us that many people have been getting killed by the regime. And in the end of the chapter we find out that Marjane’s beloved uncle Anoosh was accused and executed for being Russian spy. This chapter is one of my favorites because it is filled with such emotion and after this chapter you see that Marjane is totally different. After this chapter Marjane seems to have lost all of her innocents. This is one of the saddest things in the book especially at the last page of the chapter where she screams at God to “get out of her life!” (Satrapi 70). From here on out I have been seeing that Marjane is grown up and is a completely different person. She is no longer the innocent little child that we started off the book with but now a grown woman and only at the age of about 12 or 13 (Satrapi 62-71).

No comments: